Upcoming activities and events
School Activities and Community Events will be posted here according to category. The postings may not be a Warren Consolidated Schools' program or event, nor is the district in any way affiliated with the advertised program. Registration or distribution of this flyer at a district facility is not an endorsement, sponsorship or approval by the district of the activity or program advertised.
Nonprofit organizations that want to advertise on our website contact Renee Burch for approval.
School Activities, Athletic Camps, Class Reunions and Fundraising Events:
Cousino Summer tennis Camp
- Session 3: July 9-12
- Session 4: July 16-19
- Session 5: July 23-26
The Cousino tennis camp is designed for middle or high school tennis players looking to learn and improve their tennis knowledge. It is open to boys and girls.
Middle School Clinic : 8:00 - 9:30 a.m. Cost: $35.00 per session
High School Clinic: 9:30 - 11:00 a.m. Cost $35.00 per session
Match play is designed to work on competitive skills. On court coaching is combined with singles and doubles set play.
Noon - 2:00 p.m. Cost: $30.00 per session
Warren Mott Young Girls Volleyball Clinic - July 18-20
Girls will be learning the basics and fundamentals of the sport as well as what it takes to be a successful volleyball player.
Grades: 6-8: 9:00 - 11:30 a.m.
Cost: $40 per person (Includes T-shirt, snacks provided)
Deadline for payment: 7/1
Any questions, please contact the Varsity Coach: Camisha Coleman @ 586-707-3392 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Patriots Championship Basketball Camp for Boy and Girls
July 30-August 2
The Cousino Girls basketball program is offering an exciting youth camp experience. Grades 1st-through 8th (Grade based on what they just finished) are welcome. In addition to providing an outstanding basketball experience, food and t-shirts will be provided for all students who attend the camp. Campers will be taught a variety of basketball skills and they will be given a chance to show them off in a variety of competitions and scrimmages. This promises to be a great experience for all!
Little Stallions Cheer Clinic - August 27-18 (11:00a.m. - 1:00 p.m.) Game Day: August 30th (6:30 p.m.)Register online
Community NEWS and Events:
Resources - Help Within the Community
In these tough economic times, many families are facing or have experienced the loss of jobs, health care and other necessary supports. The following is a list of agencies to contact if you or someone you know is feeling the effects of this economic crisis:
- Discount Dental: Super Teeth - 586.756.6888 in Warren
- Free or Low Cost Community Services: http://www.misd.net/connection
- Glasses: Lions Club – contact School Social Worker
- Health Care for Children: MiChild/Healthy Kids (coverage up to age 19) www.michigan.gov/mdch, and click on Health Care Coverage.
- Health Care for Adults:http://www.hrsa.gov
- Heat for your home: The Heat and Warmth Fund (THAW) pays toward heating bills 800.866.8429 or www.thawfund.org
- Job postings: A new link to a variety of private sector jobs in the community set up by the State of Michigan – www.michigan.gov/jobs
- United Way 2-1-1 is a free, easy-to-remember telephone number that connects people with resources that improve their lives. The 2-1-1 call specialists are available 24 hours a day, 7 a days a week, and are ready to provide information about a wide range of community services – including health care, job training, child care, mortgage foreclosure assistance and more.