Crisis & Security Resources
- U.S. Department of Education Bulletin
- National Institute of Mental Health
Helping Children and Adolescents Cope with Violence and Disasters.
- American Association of Pediatrics - Children, Terrorism & Disasters
Includes information about biological, chemical, and nuclear agents, as well as information about the psychological aspects of disasters.
Protect MI Child
Are your children safe while online? Michigan families, especially minors, are becoming inundated with advertisements from alcohol, tobacco, pornography and gambling marketers through different internet and cell phone in boxes. Thankfully, the State of Michigan offers a free program to stop adult advertisements from reaching e-mails, mobile phones (text messaging ads) and instant messenger IDs. The Michigan Child Protection Registry is a free do-not-contact service for Michigan’s families and schools and can be located at www.protectmichild.com.
Michigan’s Reading Law - Read by Grade Three
- 3rd Grade Reading Law [English]
- 3rd Grade Reading Law [Arabic]
- Family Read-at-Home Plan [English]
- Family Read-at-Home Plan [Arabic]
- MDE Parent Awareness Toolkit